With all the current furore over the Spotify business model, what are the facts? Do streaming services really pay a ‘pittance’ to anyone without a massive back-catalogue? Is streaming the saviour of legal digital music?
Spotify for Independent Bands
Analogue vs. digital in film and music
Filmmakers wrestle with encroaching digital technology, but yet again the musicians got there first. The analogue-vs-digital debate writ large in two thoughtful documentaries, Side by Side and Sound City.
How can you assess an album (and why should you bother)?
What does it mean to compare one album to another? And what do we even mean by the term "album" anyway?
And the rest...
- Fence Records Closes Aug 2013
- Are Music Festivals Dead? May 2013
- Who will win the Brit Awards? Jan 2013
- To stream, or not to stream? Nov 2011
- Mercury nominations 2011 Jul 2011
- Festival Fever? I'm sick of it Jul 2011
- How can you assess an album (and why should you bother)? [Part II] Jun 2011
- I Sing the Body Eclectic: Wired Radio Nov 2010
- Remixes = eurgh! Jan 2010
- Team Love Records: a profile Nov 2008
- Daytrotter: a profile Nov 2008
- Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name... Oct 2008